12.31.2009

Short and Sweet

OK, so I'm going to keep this short and sweet, and you'll find out why in a second.

Eric and I just got to the hotel in Jacksonville and got up to the room, which, first off, is NOT a suite, but a room with two double beds and little else. That'll be fun. Second off, we've already had a nice middle-aged gentleman asking if we're headed to the Landing and need a ride.

"Uh... no... we're going later." I was raised to not get into cars (or vans for that matter) with strangers, and this guy was STRANGE. Regardless, I'm off point.

When I bought the tickets for the Gator Bowl I bought them in a special four pack. The first "special" thing that I realized after committing my order was that the tickets would be in the Big East section, which means that we'll have a much higher ratio of West Virginia fans in our section than we would on the other side of the stadium. Still, I'm holding out for the very real possibility that Jacksonville Municipal Stadium will be overrun with Garnet and Gold, so it won't really matter. One of the other special inclusions in the four pack is a lanyard badge that gets you into the Budweiser Tailgate Party before the game for free. When I first got all the tickets and paraphernalia in the mail, this seemed like the coolest part. It talked about how you got a free drink at the party and a couple other special offers. I chalked it up as awesome and haven't looked at all my swag until today.

Today... I looked on the back of one of the badges and found out that there was a SECOND side to the paper on the back of the badge that I hadn't even peeked at yet. On this side... was an offer... for HALF OFF OF LASER TAG.

Ladies and gentlemen, my ship has come in.

To put it in perspective for you, whenever I'm hanging out with anyone and they can't think of anything that they'd like to do, my first suggestion is always laser tag, even if I know they'll hate it. My parents have pictures from my childhood of my brother, father and I playing a homemade version of laser tag. For my fifteenth birthday, me and a handful of friends spent a good hour at the skating rink playing laser tag with the Beastie Boys "Intergalactic" blasting through the speakers, even though we requested anything but that song. Even since then, I've been addicted to the live experience. Honestly, I should get a membership.

So, long story short, Eric is one of a handful of people that ALSO loves to play laser tag, and since he and I both have passes that entitle us to half off the regular price, we're going to be out the door shortly, mowing down unsuspecting seven-year-olds and sniping oafish teenagers.

As my wife would say: SUPER PUMPED.

2 comments:

  1. You guys have a blast...your dad just left! I am praying you guys have a terrific time! GO FSU NOLES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to watch Super Bowl Hotel Rooms , i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/Super_Bowl_Hotel_Rooms-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete